Menu

... And Violinists!

IsabelC

Well, that Hilary Hahn isn't too shabby. ;)

I like Erin Keefe who is concertmaster for the MN orchestra too. We have lots of excellent performing female violinists local to us. My dd and I both play, but not professionally. Lol.

• Like 1

Oh and Janine Jansen

We just saw her in concert...what a performance!!  My dd watches her on youtube when she is done practicing for the day.  She has declared that she wants to be Janine when she grows up!  I have to remind her when she is practicing to tone down the hair flying and facial expressions...she's not Janine just yet.  :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to link youtube videos here, but watch her perform Mendelssohn Violin Concerto in E minor.  It's breathtaking.

I am partial to Hilary because she grew up just a few minutes from where I live.  Same modest little community that produced Michael Phelps, strangely enough.  There is a youtube video out there of her around the age of 12 playing Bach's Chaconne.  She had just amazing presence and technique even so you.  I think she went to Curtis when she was about that age.