Menu

Latin for Children vs. Memoria Press

LauraBeth475

We did LFC this year and loved it.  I found that they learned a good deal of English grammar in the Latin lessons.  We also like the ecclesiastical pronunciation.  We purchased the DVD set and it works very well for us.  They all were able to learn from it (three boys ages 8-13).  CAP makes it interesting while learning too!  If your child struggles with grammar, then this may be a gentle way to sneak it in without their realizing it ;) 

• Like 1

You might consider Latin Alive from CAP for that middle schooler instead. The grammar is taught thoroughly, and it's more interesting for an older kid. Level 1 starts at the beginning and does not assume any previous Latin experience.

• Like 1

I have not done LFC, but DD has used MP products for over 2 years now and just finished First Form Latin.  First Form has been an excellent program and has really drilled home the grammar.  I highly recommend MP products because they are very thorough and incremental, and if your DS struggles with grammar now, he'll know it when he's finished with MP Latin programs.  If you are hesitant to throw him to the grammar wolves, start out a little below level (we started out with Latina Christiana) and gradually work up to First Form.