Menu

AoPS online class schoolwork?

Anyone whose kid has taken an AoPS online class can please, please give me an idea of what the student is supposed to do. My son is following his assignments (homework and Alcumulus) and it all looks the bar color it's supposed to, but I'm a bit confused as to how to use the hard copy textbook. He's been relying more on the online book and answering the questions there.  We are barely using the textbook and answer key hard copy.  I wonder if we are missing out on something. Is there any additional work he's supposed to be doing from the hard copy book? 

How did you integrate the online and hard copy book? If you stick to the assignments and online textbook, what are you missing? I'd like to find this out early in the class term, in case we need to incorporate anything we don't miss out or have to rush to incorporate it. 

Please let me know. Thanks much,

Rosa

My son is taking the online prealgebra 1 class and his textbook assignments are outlined in the top bar of his "my classroom". So each week we read the assigned reading eg. 2.2, 2.3 before the class. We only have the hard copy textbook but I assume it will be the same with the onlie digital text. 

He does the homework challenge problems, alcumus and the assigned textbook work.

I believe the online versions of the books are new this year, so you may not get many responses, but I suspect gadget is correct, the online texts are identical to the hard copies.  

You can also feel free to contact the course instructor on the message board.  My dd is taking an AoPS class right now, and we have found the instructor to be quick to respond to questions on the message board.  

• Like 1