Menu

Portable Post Workout Meals and Snack Ideas

Usually I do pretty well with this, but lately life has changed and DS is working out towards the middle of day and we are not getting home for several hours after he is done. It looks like this will be our summer. I need portable meal and snack ideas. I have a thermos and am able to keep food cold and hot. I am already pushing water.

Info

DS's workouts last between 90 minutes and 2 and a half hours.

DS does a second sport each week and that adds an hour of running around. There is a 45 minute break between working out and the second sport.

The workouts are not always in a climate controlled building, so far the heat has not been too extreme on days outside, but that will end very soon.

Protein and carbs so

Nut butter and fruit or bread

Boiled eggs or egg salad

Meat and veggie roll ups

Nuts and veg and fruit

Even a salad with protein if he likes it..pro, carbs and watery veg

Yogurt

I can't eat much after working out so I tend to smoothies with yogurt or brown rice protein powder

• Like 2

I can't eat much after working out so I tend to smoothies with yogurt or brown rice protein powder

Please excuse the sidetrack-----prior to this post, I had no idea that there was a protein powder my two girls (one, soy allergic, gluten sensitive; the other, dairy sensitive, perhaps dairy allergic) could have!

Holy cow. I am going to the natural foods store today[/]! Smooches!!!!