Menu

Do You Vacuum Your Mattress?

Do You Vacuum Your Mattress?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Vacuum Your Mattress?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wait, this is a thing?

I've had Select Comfort (Sleep Number) mattresses for over twenty years, which have a zippered pillow-top cover.  I have had several occasions to open them up and see the insides.  I have never seen anything in there that would need to be vacuumed out.  Vacuum cleaner sales people would have you think that there are pounds and pounds of dead skin and mites inside your mattress, but there isn't anything inside my mattress except a foam pad over the cloth-covered rubber air chamber.  No skin cells.  No bugs.  No sand.  No nothing that isn't supposed to be there.  

I was going to say. The only time I've heard of it is when that vacuum cleaner sales guy was in our house.

I change my sheets 3-4 times a week and vacuum every other time I change my sheets. Sometimes I sprinkle baking soda on the mattress in the morning, cover it with a sheet (to keep the cats from tracking it all over the house) and then vacuum the mattress in the evening before putting clean sheets on the bed. I shower every night before bed and never wear the same PJ'S two nights in a row. The pillow goes into the dryer every day.

It is part of my allergy routine.

A friend came over this afternoon and I was in the middle of changing the sheets and vacuuming when she arrived. She was o.O

Does putting your pillow in the dryer fluff out allergens???  My dd and sil have horrible allergies.  They do most of this, but I've never heard them mention putting the pillow in the dryer.  I will mention it to them; they're about dying this year.

Does putting your pillow in the dryer fluff out allergens??? My dd and sil have horrible allergies. They do most of this, but I've never heard them mention putting the pillow in the dryer. I will mention it to them; they're about dying this year.

I put it on the highest heat setting per my allergists suggestion. If nothing else, it is off the bed and someplace where the cat cannot sleep on it...

• Like 1