Menu

AAR Pre-Reading, switching the order of lessons?

imagine.more

Has anyone used AAR Pre-reading with their Preschool/Kindergarten student and combined/switched up the order of lessons? It seems tedious to go through all 26 letters in capital form, then all 26 in lowercase, then all 26 sounds separately but I don't want to rush too much if there's some good reason for introducing them in this way. I was considering using it like a Letter of the Week format and introducing one letter per week using all 3 of the lessons for that letter. 

• Like 1

Has anyone used AAR Pre-reading with their Preschool/Kindergarten student and combined/switched up the order of lessons? It seems tedious to go through all 26 letters in capital form, then all 26 in lowercase, then all 26 sounds separately but I don't want to rush too much if there's some good reason for introducing them in this way. I was considering using it like a Letter of the Week format and introducing one letter per week using all 3 of the lessons for that letter. 

You can do a letter of the week format, but it's important to keep the "Language Exploration" parts of each lesson sequential--these build on each other, so you don't want to change the order for them. For more information and to find out why the letters are introduced this way, check out this thread from the AALP Forum. HTH some! 

• Like 2

You can do a letter of the week format, but it's important to keep the "Language Exploration" parts of each lesson sequential--these build on each other, so you don't want to change the order for them. For more information and to find out why the letters are introduced this way, check out this thread from the AALP Forum. HTH some! 

Ah, I see, a bit confusing at first but that totally makes sense. I'll do that then, thanks everyone!