Menu

Saxon PS Math vrs Home School Editions

PachiSusan

Is there any appreciable difference in content between the two? I have Saxon 7/6 2nd edition and I am having a heck of a time finding the answer key and test booklet, and they don't even make a DIVE or Saxon Teacher CD for it. I am considering selling the 2nd edition I have and purchasing the Home School Edition - but I don't know how the content differs. 

I have the 7/6 text, test forms and answers booklet for the 2nd edition, but I got 8/7 in the Homeschool edition.  I would get the HS edition or the 3rd edition b/c

each problem references which problem set it was taught in.  If you repeatedly see she misses problems from a lesson you can go back and re-teach it.  There is a warm-up session, like a little square w/ mental math questions in it, too.  I don't think you will need the DIVE or Teacher DVDs for this one, it's still pretty basic.  I have no idea about the content, we didn't have any trouble with either one. 

I agree with this.  You can get the kit from Rainbow Resource for a decent price, and they are plentiful on the Used Homeschool Curriculum site, as well.

I have the 7/6 text, test forms and answers booklet for the 2nd edition, but I got 8/7 in the Homeschool edition.  I would get the HS edition or the 3rd edition b/c

each problem references which problem set it was taught in.  If you repeatedly see she misses problems from a lesson you can go back and re-teach it.  There is a warm-up session, like a little square w/ mental math questions in it, too.  I don't think you will need the DIVE or Teacher DVDs for this one, it's still pretty basic.  I have no idea about the content, we didn't have any trouble with either one.