Menu

Counter top griddlers/grill?

Tap

I am considering buying a counter top griddler/grill.  The one I am looking at is not easily portable, but I am fine with that.  I keep both my Kitchenaid and Vitamix in the pantry and bring them out as needed, so I may do the same with this. 

Any brand recommendations or suggestions? 

This is the one I am looking at.  It weighs a bit less than the Kitchenaid, so it isn't easily portable, but very doable. I am not  huge fan of non-stick coatings, but am willing to deal with it for the convenience if it is a decent item.  A feature I really like is that the plates are removable and dishwasher safe. 

On major use that I want it for, is that DD16 needs to eat more protein, or just quality food overall.  I suspect that her health issues last year were related to not eating enough while being an athlete.  She likes the idea of being able to grill a chicken breast when ever she wants with ease.   She will be driving herself next year, so I won't have to be home to make her eat before practice/games.  I need to make meals quick and easy for her to do herself.  It seems like this one appliance can make many quick meals that she will be willing to cook herself, with fairly easy cleanup.

Any suggestions?

I have the older version of that one- it's just called the Griddler. We've had it for years and use it quite a bit. I wash the plates by hand because even though it's nonstick, when I sear meat it leaves some fond behind that doesn't come off in my dishwasher.  

The one you linked looks much improved over my model. I think you'll love it. 

• Like 1

I have the older version of that one- it's just called the Griddler. We've had it for years and use it quite a bit. I wash the plates by hand because even though it's nonstick, when I sear meat it leaves some fond behind that doesn't come off in my dishwasher.  

The one you linked looks much improved over my model. I think you'll love it. 

Yeah, I figure that the dishwasher won't get it completely clean, but take care of the bulk of it.  We when we are in a hurry, we put most our pans in the dishwasher, so the food doesn't sit out, stinking up the kitchen, but then actually hand wash them as they come out, only if needed.  LOL  Kinda backward. I know.  We don't use a heated dry cycle, so food isn't baked on. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tap...did you end up buying this?

If so, any reviews?

They have the smaller one that Annie has for sale at BJ's for $70.

I ended up buying the one I linked and am really happy with it. We have only made things like grilled cheese and pancakes on it so far and my daughter uses it to fry lunch meat LOL .  

Cuisinart GR-300WS

I keep it in my pantry and just move it to the counter when I want to use it.  It weighs less than my Kitchen Aide and since I move it around all the time, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  It isn't light and it doesn't completely open under a traditional height counter top, so if you plan to keep it on a counter, you will still have to pull it out to open the top all the way.  As long as you don't want to change the height and just put something inside like a sandwich, you could leave it under a cabinet.