Menu

Who is using New American Cursive (NAC)?

TN Mama

No, I'm sorry, Laura. I am going to start cursive with my 7yo this year and I did purchase StartWrite but I didn't get the NAC version- yet. It is a $9.95 upgrade through StartWrite to add the NAC font to their CD so I opted for the original first and will pay for NAC at a later date. I liked the flexibility of having various fonts to choose from to begin with so I went that route instead. I'm glad I did. My 2nd grader seems to have forgotten how to print neatly over the summer:glare: so we'll be reviewing printing for a bit longer than anticipated. I'm leaning towards teaching NAC but now that I have the full StartWrite version I feel less pressured to make that font work for us.

Sorry this doesn't really answer your question. I thought I'd throw it out there because I know how it is to post a question and then get no replies.:001_huh::001_smile:

I just got it and am just figuring out how to start it with Becca. I did the same thing - told her that we could learn fancy handwriting if she did her best printing!

I'm trying to decide how to make worksheets for her to really learn to form the letters. I think I want to upgrade to the full Startwrite so I don't have to buy any handwriting workbooks for Sylvie either!