Menu

Singapore Math 6 - Standards Ed has no Home Instruction??

Sarahtar

We use Singapore Math Standards Edition, but just found out that the level 6 books don't have a home instructor guide. Ack! 

So what do I do? Buy the regular teacher's guide (holy expensive, but also possibly not relevant?), or switch to the US Edition?

The textbook has a lot more instruction at this level than any previous level has had. We haven't had any trouble getting by without the HIG, though previously I have found it pretty important. It does stink not to have the answer key, but I just spot check a few problems myself and it's been fine. 

We plan to use this next year. I purchased the TGs. I haven't really looked at them yet to compare them to the HIGs, but I've heard there is a fair amount of review in 6 and that most of it is a deepening of concepts already learned. If you want answers you could just buy the answer key:

http://www.singaporemath.com/Pri_Math_Answer_Key_Booklet_1A_3B_p/pmstdak4-6.htm

• 11 months later...

Thank you WTM people for letting me know there is no grade 6 HIGs. I knew I could count on this forum to find the answer!

Yes, we're still using Singapore Math as after-schooling, but my daughter goes to public school now. I still check in on these forums every few months. She makes me after-school her because she doesn't learn as much in school as we did at home.

• Like 2