Menu

Has anyone read/used Simply Charlotte's Laying Down the Rails?

Trivium Academy

http://simplycharlottemason.com/books/layingdowntherails/railssample/

I'm curious about the usefulness? Implementation?

I don't see anything life changing in the sample provided but the habit of cleanliness isn't an area we'd really need to address outside of what we're doing.

Hoping someone has this and either uses it or has read it!

but I have not implemented it. I suggest you buy it and work out all the kinks and schedule it out on your website :-) I only buy curriculum and books, I do not actually use them (Just kidding ;-) although when I look at my bookshelves I do feel that way!

Kari

I just received it a few weeks ago, so far I really like it- it is really mostly quotes from CM's writings, but she lays it all out arranged with headings, questions and a short application story at the beginning of each chapter. I think having all the quotes laid out logically with headings really helps. She also has a very nice, thorough checklist/chart at the back for going through the different habits with your kids. I am happy with my purchase, I've been sick and overwhelmed so I am slow to start implementing this, but I have been thinking hard on how I am going to use this in our home.