Menu

Need Anatomy & Physiology course

I need an anatomy & physiology course WITH LAB for my 12th grader next year. I was looking at the McGraw Hill LearnSmart Lab (digital lab) which looks GREAT, but I can't figure out which text to use with it, if any.. Does anyone know?

And any other suggestions for Anatomy & Physiology? This is my strong suit as I have a medical background. So it will be easy for me to teach, I just need proper text and lab. She Is NOT going into a science or technology field. She is University bound for an English degree with the goal of being a writer/editor.

I'm also teaching her medical terminology along with it, but already have a book for that.

Thanks!

Misty

I taught anatomy and physiology in our small co-op this past year.  I used Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (4th Ed.) by Valerie Scanlon, which was recommended by someone else on this board.  I *really* liked it.  I thought it had good, clear explanations, but it was not so incredibly detailed that it was fit for someone heading off to medical school in another year or so.  Plus, you can also get a student workbook to go along with it.  This has activities for each chapter, as well as 2 multiple choice practice exams for each chapter.  I ended up giving 5 exams over the course of the year, instead of one after each chapter, but I pulled a lot of questions from these practice exams, which was really helpful.  For labs, I used a lab book by Marieb, which was good.  I used some of her activities, and we dissected many sheep organs, which I got from Bio Corporation (they had the best prices).  I think we dissected a sheep heart, brain, eye, and kidney.  

It was a really fun year--my favorite high school class to teach, I think!

• Like 1

That text looks fabulous, Claire! Thank you! Is there a reason you linked me to the 4th edition? I see there is a newer edition, but more expensive.

We are going to have to do digital labs using the McGraw Hill LearnSmart Lab for A&P. If she were going into a science field, then I would have her do real labs, but she is way too sensitive to that sort of thing. But I will definitely get the text and workbook.. Looks perfect! Thank you again!

That text looks fabulous, Claire! Thank you! Is there a reason you linked me to the 4th edition? I see there is a newer edition, but more expensive.

Only because that is the exact one I used!  It was cheap, and I found the matching student workbook easily.  I think you could use any older edition though.  I do not think there is any need to spend a ton of money on a new one.  It's not like biology, where there has been so much technological advances and new discoveries.  The structure of the human body on a large-scale has not changed in the past 10 years!

• Like 1