Menu

Government and Economics - What are my options?

My 11th grader needs to study government and economics next year. I'm looking for something that is already put together for me - I don't have time to cobble together materials and assignments. The course does not need to be overly challenging - he won't be taking an AP at the end of the year or anything like that - but I'd like it to be a strong enough course that he will get a good solid overview of the subject matter. So far I've found:

Notgrass - Exploring Government / Exploring Economics

Sonlight - American Government/Civics and Economics - Core 420

My Father's World - Under God and Economics in a Box

Landry Academy - US Government / Economics

Beautiful Feet - A Noble Experiment / Practical and Foundational Economics

BJU - American Government / Economics with Hewitt syllabus

We are Christians, but the materials don't have to be Christian. Are there any other options out there? Does anyone have any feedback on these programs?

• Like 2

You've already got all the ones I would list. You could throw Thinkwell in there. SL uses it for economics.

We used Notgrass for Government. It was definitely a "get it done" sort of class, but ds learned a lot, didn't dislike it, and I was pleased. Dd is taking Governemnt at the CC. Neither will take economics in high school.

• Like 2

Dd tried to use A Noble Experiment, but due to the lecturer's way of speaking, she just could not complete it.  I really wanted the curriculum to work.  It is an organized DVD program that looked fantastic.  Some are able to use it, so I'm not trying to dissuade you necessarily.  However, it is an expensive curriculum that you'll want to fully investigate before spending the money.  

I purchased Notgrass Governmnet to replace it, and dd is really enjoying it.

• Like 1