Menu

WCJIII Assessment - Can you help me figure this out?

I have no idea what any of these numbers mean. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at? LOL. My 11 year old daughter was evaluated by the school, and this is what they gave me. Might as well be written in Arabic, because I have no clue what any of it means. :p

GIA SS 92

Reading Fluency SS 70

Oral Language SS 99

Listening Comprehension SS 101

Broad Reading SS 75

Reading Comprehension SS 82

Broad Math SS 76

Math Reasoning SS 79

Written Expression SS 94

Do you want to know what each of those tests measure? If so, here is a link to the subtest explanations.

If you want to know what those scores mean, according to my report, "Standard scores have a mean of 100 with scores from 85-115 being within one standard deviation of the mean. Scores from 80-120 are considered in the average range as compared to students of the same age or grade levels. Cluster scores are more valid and useful than individual subtests scores."

I actually have a bit better descriptions on my report, but it is an image file and I can't copy them break them out. If there are specific scores that you still question after reading those links let me know. The description of the clusters is more thorough than that document gives. i bet if you search you could find something with more descriptions.

• Like 1

Is the numbers all you got? The tester should provide a long, multi page narrative report that explains your child's strengths and needs.

If this is part of an IEP eligibility eval, the next step is a meeting with the person who administered the test, plus a team of teachers. It is a chance for you to ask questions.

Is that the only test your dd had? The WJ III is a test of achievement. Children should also get a test of ability, such as the WISC. One type of test without the othe is only half the picture.

What jumps out in your child's test results is that her oral language is stronger than her written language skills. That is, just based on me, as a random parent, looking at a few numbers on a screen and knowing nothing else about your dd. FWIW, if anything.

• Like 1

It shows she is average in achievement but her vocabulary and listening comprehension is stronger then her math and reading skills which fall below average. It looks like her reading fluency is especially weak. Since it is just achievement and not a cognitive test it is missing part of the puzzle.

• Like 1