Menu

GWG vs FLL

mo2

Basic difference: FLL is mostly oral. GWG is a workbook program (at least level 4 is!). As for fun...I'm not sure I'd describe either as "fun", but that's just me! LOL! Some parts of FLL I really enjoy as do my ds's. Some parts are too repetitive and boring. GWG is just workbook so if your dc likes that format...he/she would enjoy GWG. I bought FLL and figured I had to use it to get my money's worth, LOL! But, now, I just pick and choose lessons. I didn't want to spend the money on GWG 1/2 so I figured I'd just start formal grammar in grade 3.

I've used FLL 1/2, FLL 3, and GWG 5. FLL 1/2 lays a wonderful foundation for grammar. It is used orally, but does have recommended copywork and dictation exercises. FLL 3 includes a scripted TM and a workbook for the student. I'm currently using FLL 3 with a 3rd and a 4th grader and we're enjoying it greatly. GWG has an extremely well written instruction book that is written for the student to read, a student workbook, and an answer key. My 5th grader has been completing GWG independently and thriving. Both FLL and GWG are excellent programs but my 3rd & 4th graders will be switching to GWG next year for the simple reason that it is more independent and therefore more likely to be done. :rolleyes: