Menu

Something like BrainPop but Christian/Biblical?

We love BrainPop and BrainPop Jr in our house. I would love to find something similar that would be a quick devotional type time for my kids after breakfast while I'm getting ready for the school day. We tried the free trial of JellyTelly but that seemed to be more long videos and games. I like that BrainPop is short and not overly stimulating with games, etc. Any ideas?

Well, I don't know exactly what you are looking for and for what ages, but we love veggie tales.  This is for younger ages.  Their movies usually run about 45 mins long, so nothing quick about that.  I'm also beginning to look in the Adventures in Odyssey.  (For kids 8 - 12?) I believe their audio series (for example, http://www.whitsend.org/CD-DVD-More.aspx?itemID={37B9E9D1-37AC-4E0E-AC1A-4EDBA57A1E6B}&ul=m2)is really popular.  Not sure about the dvds though.

I just looked at CBN's superbook site and that looks good!

Well, I don't know exactly what you are looking for and for what ages, but we love veggie tales.  This is for younger ages.  Their movies usually run about 45 mins long, so nothing quick about that.  I'm also beginning to look in the Adventures in Odyssey.  (For kids 8 - 12?) I believe their audio series (for example, http://www.whitsend.org/CD-DVD-More.aspx?itemID={37B9E9D1-37AC-4E0E-AC1A-4EDBA57A1E6B}&ul=m2)is really popular.  Not sure about the dvds though.

I just looked at CBN's superbook site and that looks good!

We have loved Veggie Tales for years, as well as Whats in the Bible. Looking for something much shorter though. I love how BrainPop's topics change weekly and are about 5-10 minutes in length. 

The Superbook app looks neat, and I have some kids Bible apps that I don't think even realized they do half of what they do!

A word of caution on Adventures in Odyssey- we started listening to them on road trips this past year. My kids are 5 and 8, and the 8-12 age range they give really is accurate. I was surprised at some of the content and had some interesting questions to answer. Also wasn't crazy about the sibling fights they constantly feature and use of the words 'stupid', 'shut up', etc

• Like 2

We have loved Veggie Tales for years, as well as Whats in the Bible. Looking for something much shorter though. I love how BrainPop's topics change weekly and are about 5-10 minutes in length.

The Superbook app looks neat, and I have some kids Bible apps that I don't think even realized they do half of what they do!

A word of caution on Adventures in Odyssey- we started listening to them on road trips this past year. My kids are 5 and 8, and the 8-12 age range they give really is accurate. I was surprised at some of the content and had some interesting questions to answer. Also wasn't crazy about the sibling fights they constantly feature and use of the words 'stupid', 'shut up', etc

Thank you for the heads up. I'll wait a few years. :)