Menu

Spiral Grammar?

sweetpea3829

Are there any good spiral grammar programs out there?  Especially something that would be used as a supplement for EIW or another full grammar/writing curriculum.  

I'm thinking workbook, though am certainly open to other suggestions.  

And yes I understand that grammar concepts are automatically reviewed when they write, but I think mine would benefit from direct spiral review on top of grammar they use when writing.  

Guest kvalenta

Hi!

I've been looking into the Saxon Grammar and Writing (aka Hake Grammar). It's a spiral approach and includes spelling, dictation, vocabulary, writing and grammar. The grammar seems to be the biggest component and it seems as though the writing component could easily be skipped if you had another writing program you preferred. The first book is designed for 4th grade and the series continues up through 8th grade. We are currently using FLL and it looks like it might be a great follow-up when we're through FLL 4. Each year reviews prior years, so you could jump in at a higher grade level.

Does anyone have any experience with this series?

Kimberly

Mother to ds 9, ds 8, dd 6.