Menu

The only thing I really dislike about de-cluttering and cleaning out...

LisaKinVA

Is the mess in the middle.  

It feels great to pull the stuff out.  It feels great to have the cleaned closets and shelves.

However, the mess that I have cleaned out has now left a mess by my living room door...because I haven't been able to get it all in the van to the Thrift Shop yet.

So, when you walk into my house, you will be greeted by 3 old monitors, 2 old end tables, 1 old computer desk, bags of old towels (but still in great shape), some miscellaneous bathroom stuff, and boxes of plastic storage containers.  I'm ready to start cleaning out my dh and my closets, and finishing up cleaning out the home decor, but I don't think I can deal with more stuff in my living room :p (this does not include my clean laundry still hanging in my living room, because it's raining too much to dry outside, or the stack of LEGO bins that are destined for storage until the end of summer, so that my sons will have one less distraction to finish up school work...consequences).  This also does not include the pile of trash and broken furniture that has been sitting outside my garage door since we moved in a year ago.

I need someone with a truck.

Of course, as soon as we get said junk OUT of the house, I'll have about 12 bags of garden trash :p

• Like 4

I feel your pain this morning.

DH is going to paint the office today, so everything is moved into the dining room.

And his computer crashed last week.  He's ordered a new one so he went looking for the boxes to box up the old one.  And in the course of doing that he found four unused monitors and four brand new printers.  Yes, four of each.  Apparently the printers are freebies that were given when you purchased a computer.  Probably they're so old they're unusable now.  And they're all parked in the dining room, too.

And I pride myself on being a minimalist.  Humph.

• Like 3

DH is going to paint the office today, so everything is moved into the dining room.

And his computer crashed last week.  He's ordered a new one so he went looking for the boxes to box up the old one.  And in the course of doing that he found four unused monitors and four brand new printers.  Yes, four of each.  Apparently the printers are freebies that were given when you purchased a computer.  Probably they're so old they're unusable now.  And they're all parked in the dining room, too.

this is totally my husband.

• Like 2

This made me laugh -- because I can relate.  I can sooo relate (there is one reason there are 3 <broken> computer monitors upstairs waiting to be removed from my home, and it's not because I was thinking I might be able to fix them, or use them for parts years ago...haha  if only that were the end of it!

• Like 1