Menu

Around the World potluck ideas

4ofus

Oldest DD recently had a Welsh day at a group she attends, and we came across some yummy recipes. Leeks are prominent :lol: There was one in particular that I'll see if I can find. We ended up making Welsh cakes (as did half the class), and OMW, they were so yummy we could not stop eating them. You probably need a main course, though?

Indo-Pakistani food. fry onions, add spices, add veggies or meat (or both), serve with plain rice (salted, but not salty). takes about a half hour to cook. Buy the box of already mixed spices at your local halal/zabiha store or indian grocery. 

http://store.patelbros.com/shan-1/?sort=featured&page=1

I'd warn you to use only about half or 3/4 of the spice mix for the full recipe, especially for kids :)

Trying to think of easy things...

Make an asian noodle/vege dish could be side for some or main dish for non-meat eaters. you can even buy premade sauces so no buying like 5 bottles just for one dish.

Chinese creamy corn soup (super easy, my favorite recipe is on allrecipes.com)

German potato salad (main work here is just boiling the potatoes)

Do you have an Asian market nearby? You could make a tropical fruit salad using exotic fruits. Mine near here has these awesome yellow kiwi...

Italian could be easy (and might be overdone since it is so easy)

Do you have a food processor? You could make kafta meatballs (ground meat (lamb is preferred, but beef works), parsley, white onion, allspice, salt, dash ground coriander, white pepper, puree all together in the processor. The processor ensures that the onion and parsley are super fine. Roll into small balls and sear in a hot pan, then bake a few minutes. Then in a blender make a sauce using plain yogurt, dried mint and finely minced cucumber.)

Mini Apple pies (for american)

Or mini meatloaves and mash potato casserole (mash potatoes plus sour cream and cheeses, bake till crispy brown on top)

• Like 1