Menu

Sharing experience from last year re: Ivy Day

Hoggirl

I know some of you on here are anticipating Ivy decisions today. I just wanted to give a heads-up that it was at least an hour last year - maybe longer - before my ds was able to log in to his portal for the ONE Ivy (Princeton) he applied to (rejected, btw). I don't like being a Debbie Downer, but I did want to throw out there the very real possibility that systems will crash and accessing decisions may be frustrating. Hopefully, things will go smoothly and quickly for those of you who will be checking those decsisions, but I think it's best to be mentally prepared for delays if those happen.

CC will crash as well.

All the best for those awaiting these last few decisions!

• Like 8

Thinking of all the ivy hopefuls today too.  With rejections, it helps not to look at it as 6%, or whatever, admitted, but 94% of the top high school students are rejected.  It puts it in a more realistic perspective for me.  Even so, some are admitted and hoping and expecting to hear more good results from this year's applicants!   The good news for almost all is that this is about the end (thinking of USNA and others which still have some waiting) of getting results.  Soon your student can look at the options, plan visits and make decisions.  

• Like 4

It wasn't a surprise because dd had received a Likely Letter, but maybe a bit of a relief to get the final, official acceptance to Cornell today at 5p. No problems at all signing in.

Now, to choose.

Surprise or no, it's still great to be official! :party:

• Like 1