Menu

Grammar/LA help needed!

My4arrows

We are struggling in the LA department!  I have been using FLL with my two DSs and although I like that its short and to the point in the lessons, they don't really seem to be retaining what they are learning.  We are about a 1/4 through FLL 2 and they still aren't able to always pick a noun or verb out of a sentence!  For the other parts that make up LA, they seem to be ok (using AAR, AAS and Write Shop).  Its just this that has them stuck and me frustrated!  Is there a different program that would work better for them (6 and 8)?  Any suggestions are welcome!  I don't even know where to begin!

We are struggling in the LA department!  I have been using FLL with my two DSs and although I like that its short and to the point in the lessons, they don't really seem to be retaining what they are learning.  We are about a 1/4 through FLL 2 and they still aren't able to always pick a noun or verb out of a sentence!  For the other parts that make up LA, they seem to be ok (using AAR, AAS and Write Shop).  Its just this that has them stuck and me frustrated!  Is there a different program that would work better for them (6 and 8)?  Any suggestions are welcome!  I don't even know where to begin!

I would expect children who are only 6 and 8yo to be unable to always find a noun and a verb in a sentence. :-) I promise you that it will take longer than a few months to be able to retain stuff like that.

If you like FLL, then stay with it. It's been less than a year, yes? It's gonna take longer.

FTR, it would seem to me that you have a pretty heavy load for such young dc. I would drop WriteShop in a New York minute.