Menu

Why I want to simultaneously kiss and throttle DH

*Lulu*

After years, (and I do mean YEARS), of phone issues DH finally agreed we needed new phones.

They arrived today and he promptly set them up and got everything squared away.

*does a happy dance in yoga pants*

Then he preceded to read the manual. Aloud. To me. And wanted me to listen. And remember.

*smiles blankly while screaming inside*

I did NOT say "dude. As long as it rings and doesn't drop the calls, I'm golden."

I did, however, remind myself that there is a reason I hide the manuals.

:) love that man.

• Like 4

Ha! My dh does this with recipes, "Oh, this looks yummy! Beer-battered beef shanks. Ingredients: 3-4 beef shanks - we have those, right? - 1 fresh lemon, 3/4 cups flour, 1 flat beer - do you think it matters if it's a light beer?..." AAAAAARRRGGGG! Don't read it out to me! Just look it over and decide!

• Like 1

Oh dear.

I make my kids read the manuals and tell me in simpleton terms what to do. This is the main reason I had kids.

That's smart.

I just had mine to do the nasty chores and fold laundry. (According to Sister. Who is currently doing extra chores for being extra rude.)

I am impressed that he read the manual. My dh asks me the questions and seems to think I should scour the manual for the answers he needs.

See if we had needed to assemble the phones he would have treated the manual like it was radioactive.

But since it is just an operating manual it is safe to open.

Ha! My dh does this with recipes, "Oh, this looks yummy! Beer-battered beef shanks. Ingredients: 3-4 beef shanks - we have those, right? - 1 fresh lemon, 3/4 cups flour, 1 flat beer - do you think it matters if it's a light beer?..." AAAAAARRRGGGG! Don't read it out to me! Just look it over and decide!

Mine does this with anything that he is deciding about.

It took me about a decade to realize he just processes better out loud.

Thankfully I can half listen most of the time and he is not offended.

We have a deal that he only has to half listen when I talk about curriculum purchases. :P

• Like 2

My dh does the same thing with recipes. Sometimes I have to interrupt him to ask if I need to pay attention or if he just needs to talk aloud. When he is troubleshooting a computer issue, he narrates his steps...

(He processes info orally. I have to read something for it to stick. Makes for an interesting marriage :lol:)