Menu

Facebook - how do I turn off...

Tranquility7

Why do I get so many random emails from Facebook telling me when a friend updates their status? How do I turn this off????

Last week I tried to set my notifications to get these emails to STOP!  Basically I thought I set it so that the *only* emails I should get are ones that **involve** me -  either where I am tagged, or where someone comments on a post of mine, plus emails from a couple of groups that are important to me. However, I continue to get tons of random status update emails.

I've attached a pic of my notification settings. What am I missing??? :banghead:

post-17899-0-07466700-1426521057_thumb.jpg

I'd just check the third one, only ones about security, etc. I don't want any emails from facebook. If you go there, you will see the notifications at the top anyway. No need for double notifications. 

But I don't want ones only about security. I DO want ones that involve me, because if I don't get an email, I don't know about the message, comment, etc.. I do not want to have to visit FB to get notifications. I just do not want random status updates.