Menu

The National Society of Collegiate Scholars

emzhengjiu

Is this a reputable honors organization?  My daughter received an email from them indicated the "deadline to apply was soon."  My first thought was it's a scam, but their website looks legitimate.  She's a dual credit student at our local community college.  We know about Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society for community college students.  She'll have enough credit hours to apply for it at the end of this semester assuming she completes her horrible online classes with the grades she's used to making.  I believe both groups accept dual credit students.  Both  charges fees to join.  Thoughts.  

Phi Theta Kappa is a real and respected honorary society for two year college students. I advise students who are eligible join this honorary. Some colleges base their transfer scholarships on PTK.

National Society of Collegiate Scholars is considered a non-selective money making thing and most people don't find it it be worthwhile.

• Like 2