Menu

Harry potter night!

My oldest recently fished the series. Her best friend is also reading the series, and together they mentioned they wanted to get together and do Harry Potter ... stuff.

over the past two weeks my dd7 read book one. tonight the friend is coming over for Harry Potter night! we will be crafting our own magic wands, creating Hedwig necklaces out of clay, taking a quiz to sort ourselves into our houses. eating Bertie Botts every flavored hands, having witches hats, troll boogers (green popcorn)slytherin dogs for supper and butter beer.

then before they watch movie one together they have to solve Snapes logic puzzle from the book. I have a seven jars of "potions" lined up.

I'm pretty sure I'm just as excited as the kids!

• Like 13

I have a photo on my iPhone that I took a month ago in London King's Cross station of platform 9 3/4 with a luggage trolley half embedded in the wall and Hedwig in the front. We took the blank one and then used photoshop to put each of my nephews in:)

If you would like to do it with the girls, send me a PM and I will email the photo to you:)

• Like 1

Desertflower, absolutely come in over! It will be quickest if you can use floo powder, of course.

I've exactly two friends that have read the series, and one lives over four hours away. I'm so glad this friend has read the book :-) every other parent I talk to is adamantly against them because, of course, they promote witchcraft- I'm grateful that I can share my excitement here.

the kids have made their wands, and have created their owls. now they are outside playing by the whomping willow... while I prepare an great feast (compete with butter beer!)

• Like 1