Menu

Which lit-based history program?

jer2911mom

I have been wanting to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread! Great info!

I have been collecting books and plan to start Wayfarers soon! I am still a bit torn because I appreciate certain aspects of TOG and HOD also. Also, I had been planning to join some friends who are doing TOG. Wayfarers looks practically perfect for us, but time will tell. Almost all of Kathy Jo DeVore's choices look excellent. I love the division of a year into 3 terms. I could go on and on, but must get off the computer for now. :)

Thanks, I'm going to look at it at convention this weekend.  It doesn't provide book-specific notes and questions for the history and literature, does it?

For the literature -  amongst the items I've purchased from Biblioplan in the past - no, Biblioplan doesn't include book specific notes or questions. 

There is a discussion guide to go with the history portion.

Enjoy your time at the Convention!! :)

For the literature -  amongst the items I've purchased from Biblioplan in the past - no, Biblioplan doesn't include book specific notes or questions. 

There is a discussion guide to go with the history portion.

Enjoy your time at the Convention!! :)

Thank you!  Convention was good! :)

What made you decide on wayfarers over TOG? I've been considering those also but I can't wrap my head around TOG. I have a big gap between my older girls and twins so once my twins start school I want to use something I can combine. Is wayfarers just a schedule? I see stories in the sample but I wasn't sure what those are for? I loved all the choices the author used for the different subjects though.