Menu

Tile magnets for AAS

I am out of magnets. I bought my set several years ago and had just enough magnets for the tiles I had received. Had I known I would have needed more magnets when I ordered level 6 I would have included it in the purchase. I'm irritated. I don't want to spend $5 shipping on a $6 item. 

Where can I purchase tile magnets that will work with the AAS tiles? 

I made my own tiles and used 1 inch wide magnet tape - I cut 1/2" squares, which has worked great. The roll probably cost $8, but I've made nearly 300 tiles with the same roll and still haven't used it up (I can make 4 tiles per inch of magnet tape; 10ft of tape is 480 tiles). Here's something similar to what I got, but a bit cheaper: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/1-flexible-magnetic-strip-with-adhesive-804989/- I think you could find it or something similar in any craft store.

I don't think those peel and stick magnets are very good.  It's tiresome having to constantly pick the tiles up off the floor.  I'm considering these--stronger magnets

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Strong-Neodymium-Craft-Magnets/dp/B00STLOSKU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424983233&sr=8-3&keywords=neodimio+magnet

Ooo, this is pretty genius. I think I may give this a go. I just bought a role of peel and stick magnets, but it drives me batty how easily those tiles come off the board.  One little knock or bump and they are dropping all over the place. 

Thank you!