Menu

Samples of actual schedules?

I've been away a long time. Hello!  :D

Anyway, as usual, I am having difficulty actually implementing any of my devious plans.... so I come back here for help. 

I am hoping that some of you who actually prepare schedules for your high schoolers could indulge me. If you have an editable copy a few sample pages, that would be awesome. If you write them out, could you take a photo and let me look at them? Email me, message me, I don't care. I just want to have as many examples of how other people do their schedules as possible, and maybe one of them will help me do this. I have never been able to do this, but I am reaching a point where I am ready to give up my own slacktastic ways.... 

I would adore a few pages of a well filled out schedule that I could just open and type my own stuff into, after seeing how it is used. I know all about Donna Young, and have tried almost everything, so I do understand the problem is me, and that I am a raging perfectionist. 

My kids are not ready to do their own scheduling, and they are not independent in that way. They need one solid year of me having my own act together before I can expect them to be able to do it themselves. 

There is one great schedule someone made from here, but I can't figure out how to do her blank schedule version, and the one I would like to tweak is not editable. It was a 2009-2010 L.A> schedule using MCT and was really close to what I would like to do. 

Thanks!!! 

I've been away a long time. Hello!  :D

Anyway, as usual, I am having difficulty actually implementing any of my devious plans.... so I come back here for help. 

I am hoping that some of you who actually prepare schedules for your high schoolers could indulge me. If you have an editable copy a few sample pages, that would be awesome. If you write them out, could you take a photo and let me look at them? Email me, message me, I don't care. I just want to have as many examples of how other people do their schedules as possible, and maybe one of them will help me do this. I have never been able to do this, but I am reaching a point where I am ready to give up my own slacktastic ways.... 

I would adore a few pages of a well filled out schedule that I could just open and type my own stuff into, after seeing how it is used. I know all about Donna Young, and have tried almost everything, so I do understand the problem is me, and that I am a raging perfectionist. 

My kids are not ready to do their own scheduling, and they are not independent in that way. They need one solid year of me having my own act together before I can expect them to be able to do it themselves. 

There is one great schedule someone made from here, but I can't figure out how to do her blank schedule version, and the one I would like to tweak is not editable. It was a 2009-2010 L.A> schedule using MCT and was really close to what I would like to do. 

Thanks!!! 

Oh my gosh, it's you!!!! :party: :cheers2:

Welcome back!  I would love to oblige you with a ready-made schedule, really I would, but we don't use them.

Each class has a list of assignments that should get down for that week. Student works until he is done. He has to be planted in the living room in front of my eyes when things seem to take too long. We work on creating routines as in "work on morning message in class x, first, then work on biggest priority."  As a junior with a heavy class load, the schedule is to put out the biggest fire first.

Sorry, but I know you'll get plenty of help.

Still playing music?

I'd love to see these too.

I just do a simple table in word with columns for the days of the week and rows for each subject.  He works through the day's list in any order, and anything he doesn't finish gets carried over to the weekend. It's easier because I condense the classes so he's only doing 2 or 3 at a time.  

LISA!!!! I mostly hang our on FB, but sometimes a different format and group to recieve input from are needed. If you ever go over there, I have 2 concert things up on my page, from a legit choir I am a part of. Also, my old band stuff. :)

Thanks so far everyone! I think you can just send me something in a PM by using that little envelope at the top of my page.

Sometimes, just seeing new things can get my brain working!

Is Christine from Core Foundations still here? I would love an editable copy of her one L.A. Syllabus/schedule it is really close to what I need and with minimal tweaking could be my answer. The copy I have is in a non-editable pdf and I can't figure out where I got it, and I don't want to comment on her blog.