Menu

I just fired my cleaning lady, now what?

Meadowlark

I would love a house cleaner on the weeks we are sick!

You could hire someone to come either every other week for a few months as you get used to doing it all yourself.  Or hire someone to just do bathrooms as you practice keeping up on everything else and then wean yourself off of the house cleaner and do the bathrooms yourself also.

That being said.  My kids are older and then best thing I ever did was teach them how to clean it for me.  :)  But honestly both my eldest two have made some serious money cleaning for people and I'm being told by their employers that they felt my girls were really well trained.  Which makes me smile, because I used to say, someday you'll thank me that I made you learn how to clean a toilette! And my kids didn't believe me. Now they do. :)

That being said. My kids are older and then best thing I ever did was teach them how to clean it for me. :) But honestly both my eldest two have made some serious money cleaning for people and I'm being told by their employers that they felt my girls were really well trained. Which makes me smile, because I used to say, someday you'll thank me that I made you learn how to clean a toilette! And my kids didn't believe me. Now they do. :)

I just had this discussion with 10yo. "You know, if you were good, I'd pay you, and eventually, you could make some serious cash cleaning for other people when you're a teen. A lot more than babysitting! But. mommy's a perfectionist, so you're going to have to learn to clean really well if I'm going to pay you."

10yo: "Well, if I'm going to learn from somebody it might as well be a perfectionist so I learn to do it right if I ever work for a perfectionist."

Ahhh, firstborns. :)