Menu

How to make copywork pages easily?

Misty

I haven't been on these boards in years so I'm a little out of the loop.. Are there any cheap programs for making copywork pages? I purchased StartWrite years ago, but I've lost my download code to download it onto my newer laptop. So before I go and purchase it again, is there anything else out there? Or better yet, is there a workbook to go along with FLL (the old edition where grades 1 & 2 are combined into one book).  Thanks!

Here's some info I wrote in a blog post awhile back:

• Startwrite 
    I used to use Startwrite when I first started creating handwriting worksheets. It features fonts similar to all the major handwriting fonts (D’Nealian, Handwriting without Tears, Zaner-Bloser, etc.) plus additional features like clipart, colored ruled lines, letters that show arrows, dots, guides and more. I stopped using Startwrite because I like to work in other programs like Microsoft Word and Photoshop. Startwrite fonts can only be used within the Startwrite program. I also thought their Handwriting without Tears font was a teeny bit “offâ€, but that is only my own personal opinion and not a scientific observation!
  • Educational Fontware 
    I currently use EF for all of my handwriting font needs. These are fonts that get installed on your computer as any other normal type of font. The CD of fonts also has small programs that get installed to link and unlink cursive letters. I like EF’s fonts because they are the MOST like the actual fonts used in handwriting workbooks. EF actually worked with Ms. Dubay to develop their version of the Getty-Dubay Italic. Although it’s a little more expensive than Startwrite, it’s more useful to someone who wants to use handwriting fonts across multiple computer programs.
  • D’Nealian Fonts FREE
    You can download some D’Nealian fonts at Fonts 101. These are fonts you install on your computer that can be used like any other font in all your different programs.
  • ZB FontsOnline Plus FREE (for the limited version)
    You can create worksheets online in both cursive and manuscript Zaner-Bloser font. The limited free version allows you to print your worksheets, but not save them. The paid version with more features, is 29.99 for a one year access. The online program adjusts the font size and ruled lines depending on which grade you choose in the options.
  • Fonts for Teachers 
    You can order a CD that has 31 fonts that are D’Nealian style plus some extras.
  • Free Handwriting Fonts for Teachers FREE
    This About.com page features a variety of fonts, including some based on dots for early letter tracing. You won’t see anything like D’Nealian, HWOT or Zaner-Bloser here, but what you do find might do in a pinch if you want a manuscript style font and don’t care much about the exact style.