Menu

Spanish 3 beginning mid-year

My 16yo daughter is finishing Alpha Omega LifePacs Spanish 2 this week. I need to find (ASAP) an option for beginning Spanish 3 mid-year. I'm considering the following and would appreciate any feedback.

Clase Divertida (I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet)

BJU distance learning

BYU online class

Homeschool Spanish Academy

Alpha Omega Spanish 2 was demanding (doable, but demanding), and I'd really like to dial the workload down just a notch for Spanish 3, if possible.

Thanks for any insight!

Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

La Clase Divertida is not your option for not demanding.  He considers his 3rd year an honors class and covers the final 1/3 of the college text they use and has them read 3 books.  Given that you'd be transitioning from a different curriculum, you'd probably be best advised to go into the year 2 of LCD and thus be prepared for year 3.  

You could also consider going an alternate direction and using live online spanish tutors via skype.  You can google and find services.  They're surprisingly affordable, will give you a free session, include online text access, and could meet you right where you are.  

Homeschool Spanish Academy is a definite option. My daughter is almost ready to start Spanish 3 mid year. I am seeing an upswing in the intensity of the program with the end of Spanish 2 but I don't think that it would be as hard as other programs. I would contact them to see how they would slot your student. They have started both of mine at the beginning which was okay as their experience was limited but you would want to make sure you were put into Spanish 3.

Sarah

Does any company besides BJU put out a Spanish 3 course?  I am capable of doing the conversation part myself, but I'd surely like the convenience of a scheduled, preset program. 

ETA:  It looks like Galore Park goes up to Spanish 3.  I've been doing some Galore Park Spanish 1 with my student, but have switched to using the Lifepacs, too, because it is so much easier to manage and keep on track with.  I guess I better keep up with the Lifepacs if I want to do Spanish 3 without a class.