Menu

hailing quark - WRT Derek Owens Physics

forking from the high school physics thread:

Connie, you are amazing! :001_wub: I have made some changes to Derek's course below in bold blue, based on our experience. Hope it's okay to suggest these changes!

please can you clarify "Secular with some slightly religious discussion in chapters 9 and 10 (but easy to leave this aside if learner wants to)"

what is the religious discussion about? ds has been considering this course but this could be a deal breaker.

tia...

Not Quark, but daughter worked through his materials last summer.  In chapter 9, there is some discussion regarding philosophical implications of entropy and what lies ahead "if the laws of thermodynamics have the last word"

In Chapter 10, there is discussion of how christians have reacted against the Big Bang Theory.  He discusses how big bang is consistent with christian teachings, not contrary to it.  But religion is mentioned in that context.

That's all she recalls off the top of her head. 

thx guys

just one more confusion - is this about the Physical Science course or the Physics course or both?

I'm confused because I'm looking at the online syllabi for both & it seems things labeled 10 in the physics course are about waves & oscillation but in the Physical Science course, 10 is the solar system....