Menu

CC cd tracks question

happyhappyjoyjoy

Cycle 1 memory work for grammar is just Prepositions, helping verbs and linking verbs. You can use these and save yourself buying the CDs

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Learn-the-Prepositions-to-the-tune-of-Yankee-Doodle-1038208 (Learn the prepositions to the tune of Yankee Doodle)

(song to learn Helping verbs)

Linking Verb Song

(To the Tune of London Bridges

Falling Down or We Will Rock You)

Am, are, is, was, were (and) be

Forms of be

Forms of be

Taste, smell, sound, seem, look, feel, say

Become, grow, appear, remain

CYCLE 2--You Tube Video for all memory work:  

I am hoping someone has some tips for Cycle 3. I have not been doing CC grammar this year, but we did last year. 

• Like 1

They are not songs on the CD--just people reciting the words (at least for Cycle 1). Cycle 2 does have some songs (like the 8 parts of speech song).  

To be quite honest, it is not worth paying the $30 per CD just to get these songs. if you have another way to rip them (like from you tube somehow), I would do that. If you want the CDs for other stuff like the history sentences, then go for it, but it's not worth it for the english grammar alone IMO.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Guest imnosupermom2

CC geography is just someone reciting them. I'd look on YouTube for songs other moms have made up which cover the same material.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I'm using FLL and Shurley tracks for now. CCM has its own history sentences and songs. I was particularly curious if CC English covers anything that isn't covered in what I already have.

Which Shurley CD are you using? The 8th level looks like it has the most jingles. What are they like? I need grammar memory work :).

Cycle 3 has infinitive, present and past participle, verb parts, irregular verb tenses, and sentence parts, structures and patterns.

There are no songs for the science memory work either except what other people have made up and posted on YouTube or CC connected. It is really annoying because each tutor might then choose a different tune to practice any given thing and the songs aren't all in one place.

• Like 1