Menu

iCal? or Google Calendar?

Or something else?  And while we're at it, Remember the Milk? or Reminders?

I am wondering what would be the benefit of one over the other, for me, who is using Apple products all around, and so is DH with the exception of his work computer?  (He has an iPhone though.)

I am wanting to be able to work offline sometimes, from the iPad, so maybe Google Calendar isn't a good fit?  I'm a teeny familiar with some of these apps, but now that I have more devices, I am ready to use them to their fullest potential.  (Whatever that means! :laugh: )

Thanks for the suggestions.

Okay, I already use google calendar, so I'll stick with it.  Unfortunately, I'm having trouble syncing it with my iPad Air.  Any suggestions?  It's syncing fine on my iPhone...  But when I use the calendar app on my iPad, nothing.

I use the apple calendar with Calendars5.  I know you said you want to stick with google, but if you're willing to change it's worth looking at Calendars5.  The Calendars5 app gets me color coding for each person's calendar, so I can have all dd's calendars, my calendars, dh's, etc., and they're all color-coded.  If the calendar HAS to sync onto a pc, you're stuck with google.  Yes, my Calendars5 app stuff will be visible when I'm off-line.  

It took me a while to get it set up, but now that it's done I super love it.   :)

What would you use Reminders for?  I use the clock app for timers, alarm clock, etc.  I don't do my groceries on my i-devices, which is not to my credit.  I used to use Wonderlist a lot, but really I've just gotten so happy with apple's Notes app.  Everything syncs across my devices and it's always there, no muss, no fuss.  It's important to me, because I do a lot of brain dumping into my phone.  

I use the apple calendar with Calendars5.  I know you said you want to stick with google, but if you're willing to change it's worth looking at Calendars5.  The Calendars5 app gets me color coding for each person's calendar, so I can have all dd's calendars, my calendars, dh's, etc., and they're all color-coded.  If the calendar HAS to sync onto a pc, you're stuck with google.  Yes, my Calendars5 app stuff will be visible when I'm off-line.  

It took me a while to get it set up, but now that it's done I super love it.   :)

What would you use Reminders for?  I use the clock app for timers, alarm clock, etc.  I don't do my groceries on my i-devices, which is not to my credit.  I used to use Wonderlist a lot, but really I've just gotten so happy with apple's Notes app.  Everything syncs across my devices and it's always there, no muss, no fuss.  It's important to me, because I do a lot of brain dumping into my phone.  

I'm thinking I'd use Reminders as a "to do" or task management list.  Right now I (kinda) use Remember the Milk.

Calendar 5 looks great.  However, I need DH has a PC at work, and I need him to be able to keep me updated with his work and other responsibilities.  He's much more likely to add them if it's easy for him.

How do you use Notes?  I guess you said it, "brain dumping"...but what exactly is that?