Menu

Best Resources for Explaining the Christian concept of Grace to children?

Listening in. The greatest resource I have found is the parable of Jesus at the well with the adulterous. Instead of directly confronting the crowd in an aggressive way, He asks for the person without sin to throw the first stone and then "draws in the dirt" rather than forcing the issue. The crowd disburses and Jesus speaks a little with the woman. He is exemplifying Grace. He allows the crowd to realize their own faults rather than degrading them.

I do not know if this is the sort of thing you are looking for. I am trying to have my early middle schooler begin looking at the concept as well.

Not quite, but thanks anyway. If only there were something like What's So Amazing About Grace for middle schoolers. I didn't get it until I read that book. Perhaps it's a concept that we only understand with a certain level of maturity. Still open to hearing suggestions.  :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Worldview Everlasting videos. The pastor who does them posts two each week: a Greek Tuesday one, where he goes through one of the week's Scripture readings (usually but not always the Gospel reading), and an "Ask the Pastor" one on Fridays. Dh and I usually watch them, and he uses some of them with his confirmation class - Pastor Fisk is an engaging speaker and includes funny and pertinent video clips. He has several on grace; here's a link to the the videos tagged grace: http://www.worldvieweverlasting.com/tag/grace/

Eta: the summary of second video on the linked page, with the (characteristically) odd title of "Hadouken is not a Substance" :lol::

What is grace? Is it a substance? Is it a one-time gift at the moment of salvation? Is it something we earn or build up? And how is the Biblical view of grace different from what we often see in American Christianity today? Pastor Fisk takes on a great question about grace today and walks you through Ephesians 1 to help explain how the Bible talks about grace.