Menu

Eiw layout

Syllieann

How are the DVDs laid out in terms of tracks and labels? Is each day (for which there is a video) on a separate track or do you need to stop it yourself when it reaches the end of the daily lesson?

For those that use this, do you copy to a hard drive and watch on the computer or use a DVD player and television? Other options?

I watched some of the samples and didn't notice any small talk or lame jokes aimed at engaging the viewers interest. It will drive me batty if there are more than a handful of these. Are the samples pretty representative in this regard?

When you are watching it the next lesson is directly after but if you go through the menu you can select the lesson. I just stop it at when the new lesson number comes up and then restart it the next day. We just watch it on the TV.

There is not a lot of small talk and lame jokes. Each recorded lesson is very short and to the point so time filling anf efforts to engage are not really needed. I find it OK to watch.

How are the DVDs laid out in terms of tracks and labels? Is each day (for which there is a video) on a separate track or do you need to stop it yourself when it reaches the end of the daily lesson?

For those that use this, do you copy to a hard drive and watch on the computer or use a DVD player and television? Other options?

I watched some of the samples and didn't notice any small talk or lame jokes aimed at engaging the viewers interest. It will drive me batty if there are more than a handful of these. Are the samples pretty representative in this regard?

I'm using Level 4.

We watch it on our TV.  You can select specific lessons from the main menu, but you still have to stop it when the next lesson comes up.  It's obvious when one lesson is over and the other is beginning.

I haven't noticed any small talk.  His presentation is friendly and engaging, but he stays very focused on the lesson.  

I like EiW.  It's not perfect, but overall it's a pretty good program that is actually getting done consistently.