Menu

Apologia physics

A lot will depend on her math maturity.  Here's the description from the Apologia website:

This college-prep physics course is designed for the student who has completed algebra and has had an introduction to the definitions of sine, cosine, and tangent. It provides a detailed introduction to the methods and concepts of general physics, heavily emphasizing vector analysis; this text is ideal preparation for a university-level physics course.

I personally wouldn't use physical science for a 10th grader.  Some colleges don't accept it for science credit.  In our house, we used the physical science book but I beefed it up to make an integrated physics and chemistry class for 9th, and then biology, chemistry, and physics for the remaining years.  It depends on your goals, but I aim for a well-rounded education so that they can major in anything that piques their interest.

agreeing with g5052, and sharing my experience.

My oldest did Apologia Physical Science in 8th grade.  Our cover school in our state permits that course as 9th grade for credit because Physical Science is a high school offering in our public schools.  but we didnt' count it as high school since she was in 8th grade.

Oldest did Bio in 9th, Chem in 10th, Physics in 11th while doing pre calc for math.  In 12th she did some coursera physics classes online for fun.   next semester in her college she has to start taking the physics required in her engineering major.

What science has your student done? what math?  Where I live it is more common than not to have physics in 12th grade.