Menu

Best online help for understanding stoichiometry?

If your student has questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  I like to use cookies as examples when teaching stoich. :)

Thanks!  How do you use the cookies?  Do you use the recipe to show how limiting reactants work, or do you use the actual cookies in some way?  (Please say actual cookies so I have an excuse to bake tomorrow!)

Thanks!  How do you use the cookies?  Do you use the recipe to show how limiting reactants work, or do you use the actual cookies in some way?  (Please say actual cookies so I have an excuse to bake tomorrow!)

:D  I suppose you could use the recipe but I mostly tend to use the idea of Oreo cookies to teach stoich, limiting reagents, and the idea that stoich ratios only work when you use moles (i.e. counted numbers) and not masses.  I think I once explained it briefly in another thread...

Here it is:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/527522-long-term-prep-and-plan-for-physical-chemistry/?p=5925708

I like cookies. :)