Menu

Today was our first day!

Eek! DS woke up at 6 am ready for hs. I was slightly unprepared. We watched salsa Spanish, magic school bus, did HWT, some math from his school book, reading, read alouds, nature walk where we found a snake skin, researched our nature observations, calendar time, and lots of recess and playdoh. I knew today would be disjointed as it was a recent decision, curriculum is in the mail (though I guess I could just use his go math from school), and I'm still deciding on switching to Barton from AAR. But since he woke up so early we finished early. And I'm hopeful I'll have some more ready tomorrow.

At least DD2 behaved well enough with the busy activities I had. Now I just need more busy bags so they can be rotated better.

I'm hoping with better planning it will be more efficient because we didn't even really do reading remediation, just reading. But okay I guess for a first day?

Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful first day.

I still long for more planning time after 20 years and two previous first graders, but one of the things I plan to plan is room for rabbit trails and adventures--little guys are FULL of exciting ideas!