Menu

Please explain Ellen McHenry

I am on her site and it seems all over the place to me. But enough people here say they love it that I am sure I am missing something. Can someone please direct me how to do this or which direction to go..what should I look at first? What would I buy..how does it work? Are there samples?

Go to her basement workshop. From there, go to the tab marked "curriculum for sale". That will take you to the different types of curriculum.

What ages are you looking for? For anything under grade 5, I recommend sticking to Elements.

We're using Cells, The Brain, and Excavating English with my 7th grader this year.

There are samples for all of them.

Of the one's I've used and seen for science, they all have a central text that's talkative and approachable. There are questions to discuss with the text. There are two sets of activities - one that are interwoven and one that are "extras" in the teacher version. Some of the activities are straight up science - dissections, experiments, etc. Most of them are demos to think about things - play this card game that you print out or sing this song or do this metaphorical hands on demo to think about how the science works. It's mostly fun stuff.

It's more like a unit study than a full curricula.