Menu

Bible Study Recommendations

WahM

Im looking for bible study recommendations that offer bible versus to read, explanation, questions to dig deeper and get the kids talking about what we read. I would prefer not to have busy work, coloring pages, etc. I would like it to be done orally. I have Telling God's Story and like it, but it's very short and I haven't been thrilled with it lately. I liked the Notgrass bible drawing series, but I'm trying to eliminate as many worksheets as possible, so I'd prefer to stick with oral work for bible study.

Just wanted to add this would be mainly for my younger elementry kids.

For my younger child, we are loving Leading Little Ones to God as our morning devotion.  It's very well written and brings complicated subjects to a child's level, such as the Trinity, omnipotence, etc.  It has a Scripture passage you can also read, a hymn and a prayer.  No busy work.  I LOVE it.

For Bible, we were doing CAP's God's Great Covenant, but we decided to postpone it and switched to Summit's/Apologia's Who is God? for now.  There were several reasons behind the switch, and we do plan to return to GGC.  There is a journal or junior journal for the Who is God? that includes busywork but you don't have to purchase it.  You could just read the text together.  It's very well done.  You could spread it out over a year with a 2x a week or in half a year with 4x a week.  There is also a coloring book I purchased for my younger son for when he wants to listen with us.

GGC is also very in depth, but it would be better for older children, and there is a lot of work in it.

A lot of people also like the Grapevine studies, but I am not familiar with them.