Menu

Question for CAP W&R users...

beka87

Hello, everyone...I have a daughter soon to begin 2nd grade language arts. I am hoping in the future to use CAP W&R, starting in 3rd grade if she is ready. What would be good to use as a precursor to that? I had planned on PLL by Emma Serle, Easy Grammar, R&S spelling, read aloud, and some journaling based off the read aloud for her second grade LA lineup. Is that enough prep? I keep feeling like something is missing from what I have planned...

Thanks in advance!

PLL by Emma Serle, Easy Grammar, R&S spelling, read aloud, and some journaling based off the read aloud for her second grade LA lineup. Is that enough prep?

I'd decide if I liked PLL or Easy Grammar better and shelve the other, and do regular copywork from high quality children's literature instead of journaling. :) Discuss the copywork piece's punctuation, skeleton, and such before just handing it over. Start with as large a piece as shhe can do well, and slowly increase it's size and complexity over the course of the year.

Thank you very much for the replies, everyone. I like your idea, SilverMoon. I think I will change journaling to discussion, maybe a picture narration, and then do copywork as you suggested. I keep thinking I need to add something like writeshop, but mayne that is overkill.