Menu

Please, no more changes!

I've never had a year like this.  Between my two teens, I have had to make major changes in plans for four courses in just the past month.  One course was scrapped entirely, due to issues outside our control, and I had to come up with a last-minute replacement the week before we started school.  Another change that week involved a dc taking a second look at a science text I'd planned to use as a supplement and falling madly in love with it, despite rejecting it a month earlier when we were evaluating the options.  All of the extra reading and concentration needed for understanding that text has given my dc more confidence for handling tougher materials, and as of yesterday that dc happily switched to Spielvogel's Western Civilization for history, despite it being too hard just a month ago.  To go along with that, I'm extending the world literature plan over two years, as well, and bringing in some great works I'd previously decided to skip for this dc.  I'm happy with the changes, but I don't think I'm up for any more for awhile!  What about the rest of you?  Have you had to make changes already?

Yes, and my head is spinning. 

We dropped Swim Team, a Shakespeare class and a drama group.  We are starting Art classes and voice lessons.  We joined a co-op and one of the classes I'm teaching is not working out.  I'm beyond exhausted and I'm wondering when everything will even out. :willy_nilly:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it happens.  

Thankfully we've got it nailed this year, although my oldest is taking forever on finishing chemistry from last year.  Hopefully this month.  I was hoping for September, but we had travel and illness.

He's also got the written driver's test next week.  We've been working on this since the summer.  I don't know if it is the volume of the material or the kid, but he's taken much longer than I expected.  So I set a deadline of next Friday.  I had hoped to get that done in August.  Then he starts the textbook portion of welding.

I hope he is done with everything by June so he's truly done with graduation.  So that's the problem in our house.

Younger one is great with everything.