Menu

Recommendation from connected alumni?

Elisabet1

My daughter has been doing volunteer work (she does tons of volunteer work) at an activity one of my middle children is in. We found out last year that the dad of one of his friends, who we ended up making friends with, graduated with his PhD from her top choice, and very selective school. We figured it did not matter as it was after the fact then. And we also found out he is very good friends with one of the main admissions staff people. My daughter spent a fair amount of time with him because he volunteered too and they were put on the same job multiple times and had tons of time to visit. 

She is volunteering again this year. Would it be rude to ask for a recommendation...and not worth it? Or would it be a very good idea and she should ask? He had told her last year he would love to do anything to help and just ask. But, she never asked because it was past that point at that time. This is a school that is very very selective.