Menu

Term?

isaelijohjac

My thought is that a term is a subset of the year.  So a year might have three (or four) terms/quarters: Fall, Winter, Spring (possibly Summer).  Or it might have two terms/semesters: Fall and Spring.

A new senior would then have completed either nine terms/quarters or six terms/semesters.

Regards,

Kareni

I think this is a silly question--but on an application I have to fill out as a counselor, what is a 'term'? D's transcript only have final grades, so is a term the entire year or is a term a half of a year. So 6 terms have been completed for a current senior.

thank you!

I am working on the same form and have the same question. I also have only final grades listed on the transcript. I will be calling on Monday to find out how I should answer this question and will post back here with a response.

I think this is a silly question--but on an application I have to fill out as a counselor, what is a 'term'? D's transcript only have final grades, so is a term the entire year or is a term a half of a year. So 6 terms have been completed for a current senior.

thank you!

I spoke to the National Merit folks. Like you, I also am only listing a final grade. I was told that the term can basically be whatever length we want. If we have some courses that only run 1/2 a year, then she recommended that we define each year to consist of 2 terms. If all courses run for the entire year, she said we could keep each year at 2 terms or we could have each year consist of only 1 term.