Menu

Has anyone been to the St. Olaf's College Christmas concert?

plansrme

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have thoughts on whether this is worth seeing in person?  I caught part of it on public television last Christmas and was just enthralled.  I don't know if it was the music itself or the fact that, during an insanely busy Christmas season, I was home alone with sole possession of the TV remote and nothing else that had to be done.  Whatever the reason, I loved it and did not want it to end. So, ever since, i have sort of toyed with the idea of going up to see it in person.  Anyone been?  

LOL - YES!  I have been there.  :)  I have multiple friends that have gone to St. Olaf.  I also have a mom friend who sang in their choir throughout her college years.  It is a lovely event.   Bring something to sit on like a cushion or a blanket.  The last time I went the seating wasn't super comfortable and it was packed. 

Be sure to get tickets early and book your hotel early - there are not a lot of hotels in town.  The Archer house is a nice older hotel in the cutesy downtown area and the country inn is the next best hotel even though it sits right next to the train tracks and a crossing (where they blare the horn long and hard).  

Beth

It is blow-you-away incredible in person.

The dinner in the ballroom, however, is not worth it unless you really like traditional Norwegian-American food. 

Ha!  I wondered about that--the menu does not look very appetizing!

Thanks for the tips, everyone.  Kind of excited to see if we can make it work.  And by "we," I mean "I," as my husband will have zero idea what I am talking about.