Menu

I'm detoxifying my body and I'm drowning in MUCOUS. What helps with this?

I'm not sure about this but my initial thought is perhaps you don't want to stop the mucous. It's bringing all the junk out and if you stop that process wouldn't your body not be able to get all the junk out? I'm just throwing that idea out there. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in.:001_smile:

Guest Dulcimeramy

Did you give up dairy? It is good to have lots of bromelain for about a month when you give up dairy. The most accessible and natural form of bromelain that I know of is fresh pineapple. I've found that fresh pineapple every day hugely helps with the post-dairy mucus. If you've started adding soy to replace dairy, your body will not recognize a difference until you clear all the dairy out; again, it takes about a month. So the usual advice is to not have any soy for a month after giving up dairy.

The other thing I know of is apple cider vinegar, Bragg's brand. You can take a spoonful in water with a teeny bit of stevia, 3 times a day.

What are you doing to detox? Could be you are taking out necessary stuff without replacing it, or maybe your supplements are adding too much of a load. Is your plan just dietary or supplements or what? How are you feeling, other than the mucus overload?

~Amy, not a doctor or a naturopath, just a lady with autoimmune disease who has some experience with detox side effects.

If it's really uncomfortable, i suggest you back off a little on whatever it is you are doing to detox, just to slow down the process a little.

Otherwise- drink lots of water, try some apple cider vinegar as Amy says, and move your body to keep your lymphatic system functioning well. Dry skin brushing is good for the lymph system too.

I have found a few times when I had not been eating very well and then ate almost 100% raw fruits and veggies I would pour out mucous from my eyes and throat etc. I find that red raspberry leaf tea helps to thin the mucus. I also have found Dr. Christopher's Sinus plus formula very good for changing the direction of elimination- it does not stop the mucous but helps the body deal with it more effectively.