Menu

A Survey for Texas Homeschoolers

I believe that if they did a survey about why Texans and Overseas Texans have their children in Distance Education (UT has a Distance Learning High School) that the answers would be very close to what they get on their survey for home schoolers.

It looks like the survey is for a grad student's dissertation; not necessarily something for UT itself.

Meet the Researcher

Kate Averett is a graduate student in the Department of Sociology at the University of Texas at Austin

The Texas Homeschool Project, which grew from all of these interests, will be the basis for Kate’s doctoral dissertation.

I wasn't surprised by the questions on politics and religion, or even the happiness of the kids. However, I was surprised by the focus on sex education, homosexuality, gender roles, and abortion. I was also confused by the question asking if you agree or disagree with the statement "The only sex education that should occur in public schools is Abstinence Only sex education." Why is she asking homeschoolers what public schools should teach?