Menu

MOH and Biblioplan question

I have read all the MOH and Biblioplan threads.  At this time I can't afford Biblioplan....I do have MOH1.  I also have Speilvogel Western Civilization.  (We are going to study Ancient History).  I have two audio Elizabeth Vandiver lectures and one video of her lectures.  

I like the way BP is set up however I am not a huge fan of their companion book.  Bleh!!  That was one of my son's pet peeve about this program.  However MOH is full of narrative but I believe it is way too light for high school.  I am torn right now.  Hubby said I need to get a program that doesn't require me to put it together.  Buy a put together already program.  Yes MOH is one but still have to add the WTM aspect, Literature and essays to the program to make it more high school worthy.  However BP is a full program but has a few literature from what I am told that is not added which Great Books recs to have in the program for Classical Ed.  One beef with BP is the companion is not narrative.  WTM recommends narrative.  My son loves the Western Civilization (WC) of Speilvogel but I want a Christian POV program which MOH and BP offers.  

With funds short right now....BP can't be bought until maybe January.  So I am wondering how I can beef up MOH1?  Maybe add WC to beef it up?  Btw I do have Diana Waring History Reveals series for the Ancient.  I am only using the CDs and the chapter readings.  Everything else is dropped from her program.  I do not want to continue to use her books.  CDs I do but nothing else.  Just too much busy work and no WTM elements.  

Thanks guys!

Holly

Holly,

I'm curious what you didn't like about the BP Companion?  And, am also curious what you find to be so expensive about BP?  The digitals versions of BP seem pretty reasonable to me.  

You could check into what GuestHollow has for that time period.  http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/history/ancient/books.html

You stll would have to schedule things for yourself, but maybe that would give you some ideas.  

Companion is not a narrative.  My kids love narratives.  That is why my sophmore requested to do Western Civilization by Speilvogel but I need a program already put together to take the load off of me.  

BP is expensive for me due to not having unlimited funds.  ;)I do know it is reasonable but I have no money for it right now.  I would also have to buy other materials to use with BP that they recommend so it will add up for me.  

I have the GuestHollow schedule but don't think she has an high school schedule.  It is for Logic stage I believe.  If I am wrong direct me to the correct one.  ;)