Menu

PE co-op costs?

amyc78

A friend of mine is helping to start a PE co-op class for homeschoolers at our local wellness center. She is not sure what to charge and so I was wondering what other PE co-op fees are? This would be a 2.5 hour weekly class for 5-8 yr olds that covers various sports, physical activity, health, wellness and safety education, etc.

Is this really a co-op or just a class? Co-op means other parents at helpimg, pitching in, sharing the load. In that case, it needs to be relatively economical, as we are all helping and I'm assuming we'd all bring in what supplies we could. I'd say $25 a month is reasonable, to help cover any supplies families can't bring in. If this is a CLASS, where I bring my child, check him in ,and leave him to you for 2.5 hours,while I idly sit on the sidelines talking to other moms, surfing the net, reading a book, etc, and have no responsibilities other than picku/drop off, that's a whole different bird. And that bird should cost more. The local Y offers that here for $85 a month , one day a week, two hours. Another place, called the Kroc center, it's run by the Salvation Army, but it is gorgeous, it's a wellness/fitness/church/comminuty center/tennis place (think multi-million all glass type of place, not a run-down place), charges $50 per month, again once a week, 2 hours. Both if these classes are run by paid professional type staff.